STD Test (5-Panel)
STD Test (5-Panel)
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) or sometimes known as sexually transmitted infections (STIs) are no laughing matter, and if you are sexually active (vaginally, orally, or anally), getting tested for STDs is extremely important, especially if you have more than one partner at a time and/or are not using protection.
STD tests are not only important for your health but for the health of the person(s) you’re having sex with. Having an honest conversation with your partner(s) about STDs might not be the most comfortable conversation, but it will be beneficial for everyone involved in the long run.
What is an STD Test (5-Panel)?
An STD test (5-Panel) is a test that screens for five very common STDs (Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Trichomoniasis, Syphilis, and HIV). These tests are either administered by an in-person lab technician or by yourself from an at-home-testing kit. This test will analyze your urine, blood, or fluids on a swab from the inside of your cheek, anus, vagina (for women), or urethra (for men) depending on where the test is done or which company you order the test from.
Symptoms of STDs
The most common symptoms and signs that you might have an STD include:
- Painful urination
- Lower abdominal pain
- Vaginal discharge or discharge from the penis
- Pain during intercourse
- Heavy bleeding between periods (for women)
- Testicular pain (for men)
- Itching, pain, irritation, and/or swelling in your vagina, penis, or anus
- Flu-like symptoms, including fever, body aches, swollen glands, and fatigue
Of course, each STD comes with its own set of symptoms, but it is important to keep the above in mind when determining whether or not you may be infected. If you think you might have an STD, it is recommended that you talk to your doctor, seek medical treatment from an online doctor, or order an at-home-testing-kit.
How Do You Take an STD Test (5-Panel)?
Getting tested is the easiest (and probably the most comfortable) part of the process. Some testing kits must be ordered by a doctor, and some kits you can order yourself. The good news is that there are plenty of online doctors and companies that you can order from!
The 5-Panel test typically analyzes both, a urine and blood sample for the presence or absence of Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Trichomoniasis, Syphilis, and HIV and if the STDs DNA is found present in your urine, try your best not to fret--these STDs are easily treated with antibiotics.
How you actually take the test is simple too and can be completed in a few easy steps:
- Order your test
- When the test arrives in the mail, you should follow the instructions on how to collect your sample. To collect the urine sample, you’ll simply pee into the provided plastic cup and for the blood sample, you’ll use the provided finger pricker (be sure to clean your finger first).
- Pack the sample in the provided packaging and mail in your kit to the lab
- Get your results (most results take only a few days)
Where to Get an STD Test (5-Panel)
Thanks to telemedicine, getting STD tests online has never been easier! And here, at Reliefseeker.com, we want to provide our readers with the best options to keep their sexual health in check. We have pre-vetted and reviewed many companies that not only offer the 5-Panel STD test but many other at-home-tests for your convenience.
You can find STD Tests at the following: