MDLIVE is an online platform that allows you to easily access to board-certified medical providers. Quickly access a doctor via secure online video, phone or by using the MDLIVE app. This service is available 24/7 and can be accessed anywhere anytime using the mobile app. MDLIVE provides access to doctors, dermatologists, psychiatrists, and counselors.
MDLIVE Company Overview
With MDLIVE you can get high-quality easily accessed healthcare right at your fingertips. Registering for MDLIVE takes about 15 minutes, once registered you have access to a large network of board-certified doctors. This company makes getting the healthcare services you need easy. When you need an appointment just log on and search the list of board-certified providers and select the one that’s best for you. Once you have selected a healthcare provider you can choose to wait for an immediate appointment or schedule a day and time that works best for you. Your visit will either be done by phone or video. The provider will review your symptoms and build a treatment plan for you and if appropriate can even send a prescription to your local pharmacy.
When dermatology is chosen from medical conditions on MDLIVE patients will be taken to a partner site, DermatologistOnCall, to receive treatment. This service goes slightly differently than the other services MDLIVE provides. Once you are sent to DermatologistOnCall you will have to create an account, complete a questionnaire and upload photos if necessary. Once this information is submitted a board-certified dermatologist will review the information and provide a treatment plan in up to 3 days. This treatment plan may also include prescriptions if medically necessary.
Is MDLIVE Right For You?
MDLIVE is convenient and easy to use, there are providers available 24/7 to meet your healthcare needs. This service is a great way to receive high-quality healthcare without having to take time off work or leave the comfort of your own home. Telemedicine is great for those who live in rural areas without easy access to healthcare or for those who may travel a lot for work. MDLIVE is an affordable option for those who have a high deductible insurance plan, or those who have no insurance at all. Overall MDLIVE is a simple and uncomplicated way to receive the healthcare you need without the wait times of a traditional doctors office.
Is MDLIVE Credible?
MDLIVE consists of doctors who are Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Pediatrics and Emergency Medicine alongside trained; licensed mental health providers who provide counseling and psychiatric services. MDLIVE providers are credentialed using NCQA and URAC guidelines with an average of 15 years of experience in their field. All providers undergo a thorough background check using the National Physician Database and American Medical Association to verify medical licensure, training, education, work and malpractice history. Know your information is secure with MDLIVE. All visits are digitally filed with high levels of security and can only be viewed by the patient and provider.
MDLIVE partners with DermatologistOnCall for dermatology services. Using this service you have access to board-certified dermatologists, certified by the American Board of Dermatology or American Osteopathic Association; under NCQA guidelines.
MDLIVE Online Doctor Services
MDLIVE treats more than 50 non-urgent medical conditions. MDLIVE is not meant to replace your primary care doctor or to be used in a life-threatening situation. MDLIVE providers are qualified to treat anything from non-urgent medical conditions to behavioral health and dermatology issues. MDLIVE is partnered with DermatologistOnCall for dermatology services.
Medical Conditions Treated by MD Live:
- Common Cold
- Ear Issues
- Insect Bites
- Pink Eye
- Respiratory Issues
- Sore Throat
- UTI (Adult Females 18+)
- And more
Behavioral Health Conditions Treated by MD Live:
- Child and Adolescent Issues
- Eating Disorders
- Grief and Loss
- LGBTQ Support
- Life Changes
- Panic Disorders
- Postpartum Depression
- Relationship/Marriage Issues
- Trauma and PTSD
- And more
Dermatology Conditions Treated by MD Live
- Cold Sore
- Hair Follicles
- Insect bites
- Skin Cuts
- Skin Infections
- And more
Conditions NOT Treated by MD Live
- Emergency Situations (heart attack, suicidal thoughts, bleeding)
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Urinary Tract Infections in males
- Urinary Tract Infections in females under the age of 18
- Children under the age of 3 with a fever
- Children under the age of 12 with ear pain
- Emergency Situations (self-harm, suicide)
- ADHD prescription of stimulant
- Active Hallucinations/Delusions
- Substance use in active medical detox
- Moderate to severe autism spectrum disorders
- Internationally located patients
- Conditions that require lab/diagnostic testing to determine treatment recommendation
- Under the age of 10
Medications MDLIVE is NOT Able to Prescribe
- Hair Loss Medications
- DEA Controlled Medications
- Muscle Relaxants
- Erectile Dysfunction Medications
- Some antiviral medications
- Medicinal Marijuana
- Sleeping Pills
- Weight Loss Medication
- Injectable Medications
- DEA Controlled Substances (ADHD Medication, sleep medication, anti-anxiety benzodiazepines)
- Stimulants (Adderall, Ritalin, etc)
- Medications intended for intramuscular injections
- Detox Medications (Suboxone, Methadone)
- Other drugs with potential for abuse
- Medications that require regular lab work and monitoring (Lithium, Depakote, Tegretol, etc)
- Any medication deemed inappropriate by MDLIVE
How Much Does MDLIVE Cost?
Using MDLIVE has no upfront cost. You will only be charged once you have scheduled an appointment and confirmed the time and form of payment. If you have insurance coverage, and MDLIVE is a covered service, you may not have to pay at all. Services that MDLIVE provides are: Urgent Care Visits, Counseling, Psychiatry, and Dermatology.
- Urgent Care Visits: Cost is dependent on your insurance coverage
- Counseling: $99 or less depending on your insurance coverage
- Psychiatry: $259 for the first visit, all follow-up appointments are $99
- Dermatology: $69 or less depending on your insurance coverage
What Do We Think About MDLIVE?