Weight Watchers (WW) is an excellent weight loss and wellness program with digital and personal coaching to help you achieve your goals. Weight Watchers has assisted people for more than 55 years and has helped millions of people lose weight with the latest nutritional and behavioral science methods. Becoming wildly popular in the ‘90s and reimagined in late 2018, WW now offers a modern approach to weight loss with its new, easy to use app that specifically caters to digital-savvy millennials, with programs starting at just $3.19/week.
Weight Watchers Overview
Weight Watchers App Overview
Weight Watchers is one of the most popular weight loss programs. Founded in 1963 by Jean Nidetch, then reimagined and offered as a health app in 2018, Weight Watchers continues to offer people a way to lose weight successfully. In addition to the weight loss program, they now offer programs that promote physical activities and wellness. Weight Watchers stopped using artificial sweeteners, flavors, or preservatives from the products that carry their brand to stay committed to wellness. Their goal is to democratize wellness by making it accessible to all.
Based on a 2019 survey done by Kantar health of 500 doctors, Weight Watchers is the number one doctor recommended weight loss program. Weight Watchers provides digital, virtual, and personal coaching to its users as per your needs. If you follow Weight Watchers’ plans, you can expect to lose 1-2 pounds per week.
We are all different people, and so is our weight loss journey. Keeping this in mind to make the program most effective, Weight Watchers provides a customized weight loss plan to help you build and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Weight Watcher reviewers love that once you become part of the WW family, you can connect with the entire Weight Watchers community to help you stay on track and motivated.
How Weight Watchers Works?
Weight Watchers invented a point system for food tracking. In this point system, instead of looking at the calories of each food item you consume, you focus on the food points or smart points. Weight Watchers has allocated smart points to each food item depending upon their nutritional value. For example, food with high calories will have a higher point value, and nutritious food with low calories will have a low number. As a bonus for extra flexibility, you are also given a list of ZeroPoint foods. ZeroPoint food is a list of food items that are healthy, easy to grab, and you can enjoy them without making a cut on your smart points for the day.
You aren't a great cook? Don’t worry! Weight Watchers provides each user access to over 8,000 recipes and a wide variety of food items for you to choose from.
It is quite easy to get started with them when you become a member of Weight Watchers. You first start by taking a personal assessment in the app. In this personal assessment, Weight Watchers gets to know about your eating habits, food preferences, lifestyle, and activity level. Based on the information collected, Weight Watchers customizes a weight-loss plan and assigns daily smart points for you. These plans are specifically tailored to fit your lifestyle and preferences.
When Weight Watchers restructured their program, they changed their smart point system by creating three color categories Blue, Green, and Purple. The Green category has the highest calorie point value than the other two-color categories.
Blue Color: Blue will guide you towards healthy foods and has a moderate smart points budget. You can build meals around 200 plus ZeroPoints food that will include fruits, veggies, and lean protein.
Green Color: Green will guide you towards a smaller list of healthy foods and offer more smart points than other colors, along with more than 100 ZeroPoint food items to choose from.
Purple Color: Purple, on the other hand, has a long list of healthy foods with modest, smart points in your budget. Alongside this, you can create meals from over 300 ZeroPoint food items.
What Makes Weight Watchers Special?
Weight Watchers comes with many features that make the process of losing weight easy.
- Need some meal inspo? Search over 8,000 Weight Watchers recipes filtered by SmartPoints Value, prep time, and the meal's popularity. The recipes can also be filtered by mealtime: breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and dietary needs: dairy-free, diabetes-friendly, gluten-free, and vegetarian.
- FitPoints: You can sync your fitness devices, such as a FitBit, to the Weight Watchers app, which will automatically track your activity and reward you FitPoints when you've met your goals. Weight Watchers encourages working out to be combined with the diet plans as it can lead to 20% more weight loss.
- Looking for someone to tell you that you're doing a great job? Check out how other members are doing with Weight Watchers’ Connect feature. Connect is a digital community where you can share photos and recipes you love to be inspired by other members' journeys.
- Need a little extra help? Use the Aaptiv feature, which offers users guided audio routines for extra help, and can be found under the 'My Day' section.
- Scan foods at the grocery store with the barcode scanner to easily see which foods fall into each color value category.
- Track how much water you're drinking.
- Like presents? Earn free rewards with WellnessWins, just for building healthy habits. WW sweetens the deal further when rewards get converted into goodies.
- You can get advice and guidance any time you need from real Weight Watchers Coaches by text or phone.
- The SmartPoint system and other reward points for each healthy habit is an excellent way to stay motivated and track your progress. It also takes your mind away from thinking about calories and fat content in your meal; it instead gives a different outlook to the program, guiding you to healthier eating patterns.
- Weight Watchers has a range of health food products to help provide healthier options for everyone.
Weight Watchers Pricing
- Digital Plan: $3.19 per week
- Digital 360: 30-day free trial, then $6.92 per week thereafter
- Unlimited Workshops + Digital: $5.96 per week (depending on your location)
- 1-on-1 Coaching + Digital: $8.65 per week
What is Offered in each Weight Watchers Program?
Digital: It is the most basic Weight Watchers program starting at $3.19 per week with no access to coaching or in-person meetings. This program allows you food and activity tracking, a customized eating plan, 24/7 online chat support, 8,000+ recipes & curated articles, a members-only social platform, and an exclusive rewards program.
Digital 360: The program offers everything in the digital program and access to group coaching via weekly workshops. This program is best suited for those who need extra motivation and push. This unlocks a few more features of the app as compared to Digital Program. Along with Food and activity tracking, a customized eating plan, 24/7 online chat support, 8,000+ recipes & curated articles, a members-only social platform, exclusive rewards program, and you can also access group coaching via weekly workshops, simplified weight-loss workshop curriculum, printed guidebooks for ideas & support and access to 14,000+ workshops.
Unlimited Workshops + Digital: This program will include some common features like food and activity tracking, customized eating plan, 24/7 online chat support, 8,000+ recipes & curated articles, members-only social platform, and exclusive rewards program, and special features like weekly check-ins for support & accountability, unlimited access to a personal Weight Watchers coach via the app, a personalized action plan by your personal coach, weekly phone calls with your personal coach.
1-on-1 Workshops + Digital: Offering its users private coaching, this plan is best for those who need the extra push or are fueled by 1-on-1 guidance. This program offers the same level of customized weight-loss as the digital program, along with private weekly check-ins and progress reports with your personal coach.
What Do We Think About Weight Watchers?
Weight Watchers is one of the oldest weight loss apps, formerly known as weight watchers. Being an experienced player in the market, its programs are effective and easy to follow. It's an excellent program for a long-term weight loss journey. Weight Watcher reviewers say that WW has one of the most supportive communities that will help you all the way in your journey. If you are ready for a long-term commitment to a weight loss program that will keep you motivated and a strong community and quality personal coach online, then Weight Watchers could be the answer for you.