Condition Predisposition Tests
Explore the healthcare providers who offer Condition Predisposition Tests treatment & find the right one for you here
Genetic testing companies offer health predisposition tests that will predict if you have a predisposition to a condition. Say that five times fast.
These condition predisposition tests don’t predict whether or not you will develop a condition or a disease; they simply offer information on whether or not you should keep an eye out for certain issues.
Some patients with predispositions to certain diseases never end up developing the disease. These tests simply offer data to help you make informed lifestyle and health decisions.
Benefits of Condition Predisposition Tests
The most obvious benefit of taking a predisposition test is finding out if you are predisposed to certain conditions — making it easier to make informed health decisions and healthy lifestyle choices.
The most common benefits of condition predisposition testing are:
- Discovering which conditions you’re at risk for developing
- Lowering the risk of chronic conditions getting out of hand
- Staying informed about the types of symptoms to keep an eye out for
- Implementing lifestyle choices and habits that keep your conditions at bay
- Making informed decisions about having kids — or informing your relatives about the likelihood of developing certain conditions
Conditions Tested by Predisposition Tests
Predisposition tests can test for the likelihood of developing a condition, based on your genetics.
One way genetic testing has revolutionized healthcare is by helping to remove the stigma surrounding mental health conditions, such as depression and bipolar disorder. When patients realize that their condition is has been passed down biologically, they can treat it as they would any other medical condition.
The most common conditions tested by predisposition kits include:
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Celiac Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease (APOL1-Related)
- Familial Hypercholesterolemia
- G6PD Deficiency
- Hereditary Amyloidosis (TTR-Related)
- Hereditary Hemochromatosis (HFE‑Related)
- Hereditary Thrombophilia
- Late-Onset Alzheimer's Disease
- MUTYH-Associated Polyposis
- Parkinson's Disease
- Type 2 Diabetes
Genetic Trait and Wellness Test Providers
If you’re worried about predispositions to certain conditions, the good news is that there’re plenty of companies that sell these health testing kits. The main providers of these tests include: